photo

photo
photo by Sheri Dixon

Monday, October 25, 2010

Not Again...

...yes. Once more.

We had a wonderful time in Missouri with our Family. Our Homestead.org family, or at least a small part of it. We'd met about half the folks there, but the other half were long-lost-but-now-found cousins. The ones you like to claim.

We had representatives from Missouri, Wisconsin, New York, and Texas.

Food? Good Gawd Almighty we had food. From Friday night till yesterday morning if we were awake, we were eating.

Roast pig, venison, squirrel chili, salsas, relishes, preserves, beans, rice, salad, herbed foccaccia bread, biscuits, cookies, cheesecake, brownies, I know I'm forgetting something wonderful if I forget anything, because everything there was scrumptious.

We left Friday at 9:30am and got to Neil's at 7:30pm. Who knew Arkansas was so dang tall? Alec asked "Are we STILL in Arkansas?" and I pointed out that we just had a little of Texas to go through, and a little of Missouri, but ALL of Arkansas- Arkansas being the only thing substantial between our house and Neil's. He thought on this a minute and then said

"Well, then they need to move Arkansas".

Driving through storm after storm last night, I thought that was a pretty good idea.

We got in about 11:30pm, and since today is going to be crazy-busy, I went ahead and transferred, edited, slide-showed and posted all the photos (that I'm not saving for blackmail later). I got to bed about 3:30. This morning.

I got up about 8ish and took a good look at our place- we really had a remarkable storm or two while we were gone- leaves cover the ground, limbs are down, our poor banana tree's leaves are tatters, and you know the wind's been blowing powerful strong when it blows squirrels out of the tree and dashes them to their death.

So ya, once again, I'm cheating on writing actual thoughts for my blogpost and instead sharing the fruits of my late-night, post-driving, over-tired labors.

http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l201/lunamother3/homestead%20preunion%202010/?action=view¤t=16e5d94e.pbw

No comments:

Post a Comment